I really DO believe that being happy is a choice. Of course you can’t always be happy, when going through rough times everybody feels blue, but generally I think for some people being happy comes naturally while others have to make a conscious decision to bring happiness to themselves. If you want a really good book to read about following your passion, you should read “The Crossroads of Should and Must: Find and Follow Your Passion” by Elle Luna. I met her in 2015 and she’s one of the reasons I quit my day job and decided to go Freelance full-time. See picture below.
Here are 6 ways to help you too find happiness every day.
If you want to be happy, be. Leo Tolstoy
- No drama, PLEASE- This one for me has been a life changer. In life, there’s NO time for drama. You never get a day of your life back, so spend it wisely. Many times we don’t think about the big picture and stress ourselves too much over things that don’t matter in the big scheme of things. DON’T be a drama queen. And don’t be around people who are. Think about what people around you ADD to your life and choose your friends accordingly. Having people with constant emotional baggage and you always having to deal with their problems can be draining. I’ve met some incredible and talented people last year and I can tell you having POSITIVE energy around you is the best feeling in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD. I live by this hash tag #positivevibesonly.
- Do what you love. Love what you do- For me is family and being able to travel the world. I enjoy experiencing different cultures and traveling with friends that appreciate nature and life itself, just makes it so much better. When I decided to quit my job and do freelance full-time it was the best decision of my life.
- Let it go- Ok so I realize that’s Elsa from the movie Frozen said it first, but just remember the important things in life. There is nothing better in life than to feel happy and let go of any negative people is the only way to true happiness (back to #1).
- Count your blessings- I can tell you that happy people often choose to focus on the positive aspects of life, rather than the negative. They set their minds on specific reasons to be grateful. It’s so important to know how blessed you are to even have good health or food on the table. I truly believe that traveling for me and having parents from a third world country has helped me not to sweat the small things in life. There are so many people without clean water living in poverty, that—that itself helps me put life into perspective.
- Use your strengths- Instead of focusing on things you can’t control or try embrace your strengths and take actions of what you are good at. We have natural talents, strengths, and abilities – and when we use them effectively, we feel alive and comfortable in our skin.
- Bounce back. Fast.- I don’t expect my life to be always amazing. We all come across situations that make us upset or disappointed. But you have to remember to make a conscious effort to snap out of it and get back to what really matter in life- and that’s HAPPINESS.
Meeting Elle Luna in the Designer Vaca 2015.